When spiders unite their webs they can tie a lion !
Civil society webinar on rural development in Africa
Organiser: AFSA (African Food Sovereignty Alliance) SECAM (Symposium of Episcopal Commission in Africa and Madagascar) AEFJN (Africa Europe Faith and Justice Network) CGLTE-OA (Convergence globale des luttes pour la terre et l’eau-Afrique de l’Ouest) RWA (Rural Womens’ Assembly) CICODEV (Institut pan africain pour la Citoyenneté, les Consommateurs et le Developpement) ACT Alliance-EU, CIDSE
Registration: click here to register- by 15th October noon.
You will have to indicate which breakout room you would like to attend. without the indication of a preference participants will be allocated randomly to a break out room.
Languages: interpretation will be provided in English, French and Portugese
Plenary session- 13h30- 14h30
- Bishop Sithembele Sipuka, SECAM (Symposium of Episcopal Commission for Africa and Madagascar)
- Busisiwe Mgangxela, Eastern Cape Agroecology Farmers’ Association
- Kone Massa, CGLTE-OA (Global Convergence of Land and Water Struggles in West Africa)
- Nina Moeller, Coventry University Center for Agroecology, Water and Resilience
Break out session- 14h30-15h30
- Social Responsibility of the Faith Communities
- Role of Women in Rural Development: Agroecology, Food and Nutrition Security
- Land Grab and Mechanisms for Monitoring and Holding to Account Activities of EU Investments (UNDROP and ETO)
- Finance for Agroecology: Under which conditions can finance work for agroecological transitions
This event is co-funded by the European Union.