You are invited to a conversation with the African Union and Food Sovereignty Activists from all sub-regions of Africa. AFSA Chairperson Dr Chris Macoloo will be asking the tough questions to representatives from the African Union Commission and activists from across the continent.
- What guidance is the African Union giving to member states, and to what extent is it working?
- Where are African people getting their food? How are the markets systems coping?
- What is the situation of women and young people?
- What is the impact on pastoralists and their livestock?
- What is the situation north of the Sahara?
- Where do we see the role of the industrial food system in the COVID crisis?
- What are the implications for food sovereignty?
- What is happening to support the transition to agroecology?
Date: Tuesday 14 July, 10:00 AM GMT / UTC